• Kagyu Thegchen Ling continues to be closed due to concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak.
• All pujas and other events are suspended except for:
Chenrezik Puja on Sundays at 10:00 am
• A mask is required to be worn at all times while at KTL.
• We encourage you to bring your own prayer text, if possible.
• Lama Rinchen and Lama Tempa encourage the KTL sangha to do Dharma practice at home.
• Please see the lunar calendar for the special puja dates for your at-home prayers.
H.E. Kyabje Kalu Rinpoche
Kagyu Thegchen Ling is a center of the Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism, also known as the “practice lineage” for its emphasis on meditation. It was founded in 1974 by His Eminence Khyab Je Kalu Rinpoche, Senior Meditation Master of the Kagyupa and Shangpa lineages of Tibetan Buddhism.
The Center offers a full program of meditation and instruction directed by the resident teachers, Lama Rinchen and Lama Tempa.
Activities of the Center revolve around daily meditation practices including a Chenrezig prayer service on Sundays, the observance of specific holy days throughout the lunar month and major holy days of the year; classes in Tibetan language, culture and the arts.
Extended study and meditation retreats with resident and visiting teachers are an important part of KTL’s programs. A regular newsletter publishes teachings and informs members and friends about Center activities.
Kagyu Thegchen Ling is a not-for-profit charitable organization supported by membership and donations.
From Rinpoche’s teachings:
“Everything is in you, in your heart. Buddha is in your heart. Enlightenment is in your heart. All qualities are in your heart. They are not found anywhere else.”